Friday, January 7, 2011

Brothers from another mother

Connor and Smokey have a complicated relationship.  Smokey has some resentment towards Connor because before the baby came he was our only kid.  He used to sleep in our bed and get lots of attention.  Like many family dogs, his life got a little harder after the baby came home.  He now has to sleep in his own room.  And he doesn't get a walk every day.  But Smokey doesn't hate Connor.  In fact, we've been pleasantly surprised of how tolerant he is of his little brother.  Connor may pull his tail but he's also been known to throw him cheese slice or two.  Connor is generally delighted by Smokey but has learned to swat him away when his snacks are in jeopardy.  Their story is a classic tale of brothers.  Full of love, jealousy, friendship, and snacks. I used our new computer and movie software to capture the sweeping drama of the relationship. I recommend watching it in full screen with the speakers on.



I had so much fun putting this together.  I'm loving our MacBook and iMovie.  Now I'm motivated to figure out how to take better videos.

4 comments:

  1. You are awesome!
    Loved the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very impressive video but, as usual, the stars get all the admiration from us adoring fans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute. Ben and Dee have a similar relationship. It cracks me up. Dee is really enjoying the benefit of extra snacks though, just like Smokey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the most adorable thing ever. What cool software! I'm impressed!!

    ReplyDelete