Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Year in Review

2010 was quite a year for our family. For Thomas and I, it was our first full year as parents.  It was a big change from our DINK lifestyle referenced in the title of this blog.  We started this blog because as we look back on the past year, the memories aren't as clear as we'd like that to be.  That's due to a  combination of sleep deprivation and too many exciting things to remember.  Here's a quick recap of some of the highlights month by month.

January: 
Thomas went on his first business trip as a Dad.  Emily and Connor survived!
February:
Connor started day care.  Emily went back to work.
March:
We celebrated the wedding of our friends Jaimee and Jason.
April:
Connor discovered his feet.
May:
Thomas turned 30. We celebrated with a barbecue.
June:
Connor took swim lessons.
July:
Thomas and Connor took advantage of early morning wakings by watching the 2010 World Cup.
August:
We took our first family vacation to Breckenridge, CO.
September:
Emily and Thomas celebrated their 6th anniversary.
Connor progresses from army crawling to regular crawling.
The kitchen remodel begins.
October:
Travel to Atlanta for Elaissa's wedding.
Connor's first plane trip is a success!
November:
Connor's first birthday and first illness.
Connor is a walker!
The kitchen remodel is (mostly) finished.
December: 
Emily turns 30.
Connor says some words: "agua", "Mama", "Dada", "uh-oh". (Editor's note: as I typed this he also said "up".)


This is a digital version of a photo book I made capturing the highlights of Connor's first year.

2 comments:

  1. You are either incredibly technically talented or you have way too damn much time on your hands! Either way, time and children will take care of that so the rest of us won't have to be embarassed by our sad pictures and videos compared to your works of art.

    Seriously, your videos and pictures are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooo cute! Great album. I have made several shutterfly albums for Ben, but I didn't realize you could post them here. I will have to give it a try. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete