Disclaimer: This post is not about Connor. Grandparents can stop reading now.
Having a one year old is almost a guarantee of spending New Year's Eve at home. Last New Year's Connor was about 6 weeks old. He woke up every.single.hour. It was not the most fun I have ever had. This year we wanted to actually do something fun and special so I decided to make Julia Child's Boeuf Bourguignon. Thomas cooks better and more frequently than I do so I wanted to do everything myself as a treat for him. I was also eager to prove/improve my cooking skills. I started cooking at 2:00 in the afternoon and served dinner at 8:00 pm. I did not take more than a 10 minute break. In addition to the boeuf, I made mashed potatoes and buttered haricots verts. The boeuf was pretty darn good but the sauce stole the show. After we each ate two portions, we continued to dip our bread in the sauce until we were stuffed. My mouth is watering as I write this.
Here's my tablescape.
And here's the boeuf.
I swear it tasted bettter that it looks. It's beef cooked with bacon and a whole bottle of wine. How could it not be good? It will probably be a while before I spend that much time cooking a meal but I'm glad I did it this time.
Bon Appetit!


where's the bread and pass the pot! I need to take lessons from you next time I'm in town.
ReplyDelete