We've been so busy redoing the house that we haven't had much time to document the progress. I took these pictures a month a go and things have already changed. I'll have a few posts to cover our progress to date. No rooms are "afters" yet but we'll get there.
Here's the living room before.
And here it is from another angle.
Just for fun, I've included a close up of my early Fall mantel.
So far we've
- Replaced the floors
- Upgraded the HVAC system.
- Purchased and assembled a new couch
- Purchased a new rug
- Replaced the window treatments
We still have a few projects to get to in here:
- Paint the walls
- Paint the mantel and paneling (yes, we're sure we want to)
- Re-tile the fireplace
- Refinish the brass on the fireplace
- Build/buy a console for behind the couch.
- Do something about the art (it looks kind of dinky)
- Replace/refurbish the ceiling fan
- Figure out what to do on the TV wall
- Get a bigger plant
I don't have a before shot of the dining room that shows the floors. They were the same carpet as the living room before. Here's the view of the dining room from the living room.
Other than replacing the floors, the changes in here have been decorative only. We still want to paint, frame out the map and update that light fixture.
Stay tuned for more progress updates.








Your improvements look great. They look even better in person. I say go for it in regards to painting the paneling.
ReplyDeletewhile looking at the pictures I thought the same as Jaysa...the pictures don't do justice to the beautiful home you've made.
ReplyDelete