Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our New House - Before Pictures

Movin' on up...to the east side...of our neighborhood.  We are moving!  Our new home is only 0.6 miles east of our current home (yes, we checked).  The new house has a layout that makes more sense with the way we live.  We are officially moving this weekend but are actively updating the new house.  It was built in 1988 and the owners hadn't changed a thing.  It's a great house but it needs a face lift.  Check it out for yourself in these before pictures.

Front door as seen from living room.  That's a wet bar on the right. 

Kitchen from breakfast nook.  The dining room is behind the wet bar. 


Looking back on the entry way (note the pendant light from the front door shot).  Two great closets and a view in to the laundry room. 

The kitchen.

The view of the breakfast nook from the living room.  The pass through opens in to the dining room.  

Same view without Thomas.

Looking in to the dining room from the living room.  The large pillar thing is the back of the wet bar. 

The living room.


One of the bedrooms.  I think this is the guest room looking in to the future play room.  They are all identical sized with weird outdoor lighting and mirrored closet doors. 

The Master Bedroom.  There are two walk-in closets that form an entry to the master bathroom.  We're going to build a wall between the bedroom and the bathroom.

Master bathroom.  This pic was taken from the water closet. 

Hot tub and back patio.  This is accessible from the living room.  This was probably the inspriation for the movie "Hot Tub Time Machine".

 Backyard.

Hot tub.  

I didn't manage to take any pictures of the front exterior.  Look for those in our progress post.  We have big plans for this house.  We are grateful that we were able to get this house in the neighborhood we love.  The original owners took great care of it and we intend to do the same! Now back to painting and packing!


4 comments:

  1. Love it!! I can't wait to see the progress shots and after. What colors of paint are you looking at?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, I had forgotten how unattractive that structure around the hot tub was. Taking it out makes such a HUGE difference in your backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hot tub enclosure...Jaimee told me you were taking it down and I was so sad. I could've come over and relived my past - the groovy 30's. Seriously, your new home is lovely (if you don't count the Tub Luau lodge)and and I'm excited for you. Hoping to see it while I'm in town this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, exciting! It looks like a great place with tons of potential for savvy DIYers like you and Thomas. I am excited to what you do with it!!!

    ReplyDelete