Connor is at that stage where he's developing strong preferences and dislikes. He loves honey wheat pretzels, cheese pizza, shovels, and bubbles. He does not like vegetables, getting sun in his eyes
The weirdest preference he's developed is for his Superman pajama pants. A couple of weeks ago I got him ready for bed and put him in his Batman pajama pants. They are the same size, cut, and fabric as the Superman pants but he was not having it. He kept grabbing at the Batman pants and saying "no". As soon as I caught on and put the Superman jammies on, all was well.
A few nights ago, as I was folding laundry, Connor dug all the way to the bottom of the folded laundry basket to get out those Superman pants. Then he started trying to take off his pants (he's not clear on the mechanics of that, yet).
After a little assist from Dad, he was in his favorite pants and happy as could be.
I've told this story to a few people. Some people have said it's spoiling him to let him have what he wants. The way we're approaching it is that we have to say "no" a lot so we say "yes"when we can. We'll see how that works out in about 15 years.


It's spoiling him if what he wants is to eat nothing but peanut butter cups for every meal. Letting them choose their own clothes is just good sense. Let them win a few battles so you can win the war.
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable! And I don't think it is a big deal letting him wear the pants. I agree, pick your battles. And like Jaimee said, it's not hurting anyone or anything in this instance.
ReplyDeleteSide note, Ben also HATES sun in his eyes. It's going to be a long summer.
I'd buy him several pair so he has them every night if he wants. To hell with what other people think. I'm with Jay, he's adorable, you're doing a great job.
ReplyDelete