Monday, October 6, 2014

Misty water colored memories

Yesterday Thomas told a story about our kids that I had completely forgotten. I'm trying to come to terms with the fleeting nature of parenting and childhood but I'm not okay just forgetting. I am going to try to use this space to supplement my flaky memory.

I'll start with the story I forgot. Several months ago we went to Connor's cousin's birthday. We forgot to make him eat at the party. We had a little baby so we were tired. We do actually make it a point to feed our children most days. In a moment of weakness we drove through McDonald's to get a happy meal for Connor. Meanwhile Anna, hating our car seat was just screaming. Connor got his food and we started the 30 minute drive home. We gritted our teeth drove on with Anna just wailing in the background. About 20 minutes in, Connor was chomping away on his fries looked up and said "isn't this great!?" 

Eighteen months later, this story reminds me that even when we feel like terrible parents (you know, for not blogging) the kids are all right. 

Silly faces - Valentine's Day 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment