Monday, August 22, 2011

Nature Hike

Last week when day care was closed, Jaimee and I took the kids on a "hike" at the Rio Grande Nature Center.  Here's Lily decked out in her hiking gear.

In reality, we walked on the paved trail while they ate pretzels.  After our "hike" we tooled around the Rio Grande Nature Center grounds and visitors' center.






The visitors' center has many exhibits about wildlife and ecosystems in the Rio Grande Bosque.  At least I think they do.  We never made it past the sand/footprint station.

After a great morning, we headed home.



3 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty cute kids. Love the pictures of them peeking out of the holes in the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, Connor really liked whatever Lily was doing in that sand.

    I love the last shot from the entrance to the Nature Center. And the two of them consulting the trail map is pretty adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the first picture, Lily looks like that old lady (Edith?) that they used to do greeting cards of... same crazy clothes and sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete